They found most of the eggs pretty quick, but it took them a long time to find the prize egg. They looked and looked and finally Grandma gave them a clue, even though we told her she shouldn't. (Grandma's are such softies :) -I probably shouldn't talk because I can vaguely remember my mom and Aunt Ann helping me find the prize egg when I was a little girl. I don't know if it was once or twice, but I remember it being in one of those large pantyhose eggs. - They looked past it so many times, but finally Erin found it in the rock garden in some long grass. She was excited since this is the first time she got it.
On Sunday we had Easter dinner with everyone but Jared's family at mom's. Everything was going pretty well until I called Jane 'pumpkin'. Auburn was so upset and started to cry because I usually call her that. She gets pretty jealous sometimes. Thankfully she had a change of heart and came back and held Jane. She said that Jane was 'little pumpkin', and everything was o.k. again.
This isn't on the subject, but what did you like to get in your basket and what didn't you like. I didn't like to get jelly beans...you know the old ones, not the Jelly Belly beans. I also didn't like these candy eggs that had a color candy shell with a sugary soft inside. They were about the size of a brazil nut. I did like the Hershey's kisses and Reese's peanut butter cups. Hope you all had a nice Easter!
5 comments:
I don't remember the things I got as a kid in my basket but there is a lot of easter candy that grosses me out. the candy shell with the sugar inside you talked about... and peeps (gross) and those easter theme peanut things. you know the orange peanuts but they are bunnies and chicks... but I think peeps are the worse!
i remember the sugary eggs and they are gross!!! peeps are up there too. i don't like the orange peanuts either. only thing is that i don't remember getting any of this in my easter basket. we always got really good candy for easter. oh, i just remembered, cadbury eggs need to be discontinued....disgusting just to look at those things!!!
I used to eat Cadbury eggs when we lived in England, but I couldn't eat one now. The yolky inside...eeeeewwwww!
You girls need to try the cadbury's caramel egg. Now those are good. I've always love chocolate but I can't pass up sugar. My favorite thing to give myself is sweetarts chicks, ducks & bunnies but this year there were no green or yellow ones so I e-mailed the company to ask why.
you go Ruth! :) I forgot to add the malted robin eggs. The ones that you like and then rub them on your lips to make them blue, white, yellow, pink, etc..
Post a Comment