Kids have a way of putting you in your place real quick. Auburn got pink eye, I'm assuming from school, and she needed to have drops put in her eye. She was so nervous and couldn't hold still because the drops sting a little when they go in. After several attempts to get the drops in I was so frustrated and ready to pin her down. Auburn said, "Mom, can we say a prayer so I won't be so scared?" Ouch, why didn't I think of that instead of getting so mad? So we had a prayer, and she was still a little nervous, but we got them in. The next time she got really scared again and I got frustrated again. (Didn't I learn my lesson the first time?) Auburn asks, "Can we say a prayer?" It took a while, but we got them in. Since then though, she lays right down and we get them in fast. The faith of a little child is amazing! I wish I had so much faith. We had a little boy in primary that told us, "My teacher said we could pray to know if Heavenly Father loves us. I did and he said yes." It made me cry! I love kids! Yesterday the girls wanted me to come out and watch them on the neighbors playground. I was trying to look up something on the internet, so I told them I would in a few minutes. Auburn said "We're going to have friends and we won't want you to watch us anymore." Lauren said, "I don't know what she's talking about." Was she telling me that they were going to be growing up soon so I needed to take my opportunity with them now?! She was sooooo right! They ran, jumped and played on the swings. I'm glad they still want me to come and play with them. Unfortunately it won't last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment