Saturday I took the girls with me to decorate gingerbread houses for the Festival of Trees. I hadn't planned on taking them, but when they heard what I was going to do they really wanted to go. We went over to Sis. Westaway's house and she was generous enough to let them stay and help. She is truly one of the nicest people I have ever met. She has such a good heart. The royal icing was a bit of a pain, and my hands were aching by the time we were done, but the girls were so excited with their houses when they were finished. Pat took them down to the Festival today along with a lot of other donations from our ward. The festival raises money for Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake. They are both really excited to go down and see their houses along with the tree, bookshelves, recliner, rocking horse, etc... that Pat set up for our ward's donation, For the Love of Reading. They won't let you dedicate your tree to more than one person, but it's acually for a few people who have passed away from our ward. One was an elementary school teacher for many years, one ran a local preschool (that our girls went to) for even more years, and another taught reading. We really miss those wonderful sisters in our ward. They made such a huge impact on countless lives. I think that everything turned out really nice in honor of them.

Auburn with her finished house
She named it 'The Christmas House'
Lauren with her house...she had a harder time letting it go because she said, "It was the best gingerbread house I ever made." but decided it was for a good cause. Notice how she stuck her Donald Duck ornament in front for the picture. She named it 'Colorful Cottage'.
These other pictures are of the girls helping decorate for Christmas. Brook set up the tree while we were at Pat's. When we got home they quickly got their ornaments out and started decorating the tree. So far they have done pretty much all of the tree....I just need to add a few more around the back and top. They also helped a lot by putting up other decorations around the house. Thank goodness for their enthusiasm and endless energy.....I was pooped after doing gingerbread houses for a few hours. I wish I could have gotten their pictures when they weren't looking. They were so intent on what they were doing...Christmas is such a great time of year.
Auburn setting up our kid friendly Nativity set
Lauren admiring our snow globe
1 comment:
So fun! I love those pictures and I have noticed and been watching lauren and she is quite the artist. I love to watch her draw wow its amazing.
pat is truly an angel sent when tanner was in nursery she had the kids come and do gingerbread house and I thought to myself what a women to invite nursery kids to come to her house and decorate like the most messiest thing. Sweet lady.
Post a Comment