Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm Feeling Old


Lauren was invited to New Beginnings last week. When they brought the invitation I sat there for a minute just to let it sink in. They probably thought I was weird, but I forgot about New Beginnings...I was just hanging on until September. Anyway, I went with her on Wednesday night. It was really nice...they did a spotlight on her which made her feel special, (she was wondering how they knew all that stuff about her :) and gave her a really pretty orange gerber daisy. She was really excited and took notes during the meeting. That made me smile....she wanted to know what all the values were and the colors for each one. I think she was surprised that I remember everything. Everyone was really nice. I'm excited for her, I remember being that age and being ready to move up to Young Women's. I still can't believe that I'm going to be the mom of a Beehive this year though.

8 comments:

Summer said...

there is no way she is old enough to be getting ready for YW...you aren't the only one feeling old...

Miranda said...

I'm feeling old, too. I'll have one passing Sacrament in 2 years.

Brooke said...

so if you wanted announcements... you would just email me the pictures you wanted to use in a high resolution and let me know which announcement you wanted and how many you wanted. I would print them and then you would just pay me for what I print. Gotta love a family discount :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. We have cousins that graduated high school that I used to babysit when they were tiny things. Others that are married with kids. Now I feel really old. LOL!!! I loved being in YW. I had great leaders that made sure I was active even when my parents weren't. I wouldn't be what I am today without em. Hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

nixon5 said...

Wow you are old! JK just kidding. I can't believe she is going to be in young womens. I mean I know what class she is in in primary but never put it together. Wow That is great.

Joanna said...

What fun memories I have of us together in YW!! I am feeling the same way with Tyler. He is going to be passing the sacrament in February! That freaks me out a bit!

Melodie said...

I know what you're going through two years ago we went to Priesthood Preview with G and I was in a daze untill September too. She still seems closer in age to E to me. It's so weird to think she'll go to camp next year too.