Thursday, March 31, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


Here are a few pictures from our St. Patrick's Day dinner.


We had our annual St. Patrick's Day dinner, but we added a fun activity this year. I found a list of things that had to do with St. Patty's Day on the internet. The girls went on a crazy scavenger hunt around the house. They were running, and screaming, and laughing. Grant was having a blast watching them.....so was I. I couldn't help laughing myself. The prize was a "pot of gold". I found a mini dutch oven at Smith & Edwards and filled it with chocolate coins, ring pops, and candy necklaces. They were excited for the prize. We didn't do a full green dinner because that hasn't worked so well in the past. We had Turkey Steaks & mashed potatoes, salad with Green Goddess dressing, celery, kiwi fruit, green grapes, green rolls, sprite, and lime sherbet. I also tried something new that I found on a blog.....rainbow cupcakes. I mixed up white cake batter then separated into 5 cups. I dyed the batter red, orange, yellow, green & blue. I layered the batter into the cupcake pans. They ended up looking tie-dyed. I topped them with vanilla frosting for the "cloud" part. The kids thought they were a lot of fun! I have to admit I was excited how they turned out. :) I think we'll have to make those a new tradition. We even had Lucky Charms for breakfast. Gotta keep it simple for mornings at our house. :) I LOVE St. Patrick's Day! I love getting dressed up in green! I get so excited about it every year. Can't wait til next year!

Grant enjoying his cupcake. :)

Auburn & her cupcake flag collection.

Laurens "tie-dyed" cupcake.


Cheese!!!!

Kiss me, I'm part Irish. ;)

No comments: