My girls really keep me on my toes. Some of the things they come up with blow me away. On Saturday the girls wanted to watch a Mickey Mouse DVD, but it was dirty on the back. Lauren asked me to clean it off for her. I asked her to run downstairs and grab her eyeglass cleaner so I could wash it off. She said, "Why don't you go get it?" (I'm thinking, "Excuse me?") I said, "Why don't you go get it?" We kept going back and forth and started to laugh a little because it became so ridiculous. Finally Auburn said, "Fine, I'll go get it!" When Lauren realized that Auburn would have to go into her room she piped up and said, "Oh no, I'll go get it!" When Lauren was out of earshot, Auburn came over to me and said, "See, that's how you do it." What a little character! She makes me laugh! Auburn is our little peacemaker. She doesn't like to hear people fighting.
Here are a few pictures of the girls. I decided to make them pillowcases this year for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's day. They liked them so much they're already talking about the cases they're going to get for Easter. What have I started?! No, actually it's been pretty fun. I'm not sure how many I'm going to make though. The funny thing was that when I made the Valentine cases for the girls, Brook asked where his was. I couldn't believe it?! He felt jilted for not getting a pink pillowcase with hearts on it. Well, I went to the fabric store and found some fabric with hearts and glitter on it. When he'd wake up in the morning he'd have glitter stuck to his forehead. :) What we do for our husbands. Do your husbands ever feel left out when you do things for your kids?
2 comments:
i can so hear the back and forth with you and lauren (i was laughing too)! auburn is so funny and smart! pillow cases are a cute idea! poor left out brook! if brandon ever feels left out he doesn't say anything (not that it would help) ;)
I think Austin feel left out because I don't wipe his bum like I do Evan... :) just teasing!
Post a Comment