Thursday, April 17, 2008

Being a Kid Again

Lauren and I went to the park on Monday. She wanted to play tag while we were there. I was feeling pretty tired, but decided to do it anyway. We were running around the toys, screaming, laughing, and out of breath. Lauren said to me, "Don't you think it's kind of fun to see your parents acting like a kid again?" It was funny because she was saying it to me like I wasn't her mom. We weren't there a long time because it was getting dark, but it was fun. It's amazing how little it takes to make your kids happy. Auburn was happy just to help roll up the cookie dough for cookies yesterday. We played Trouble with the kids on Sunday night and the kids didn't want to stop. The little things really count. It's times like this that make me so glad to be a mom.

No comments: