Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jane's Blessing

Today was Jane's blessing. It was a beautiful blessing! I know Nate really tries to seek the spirit when he gives a blessing so it is coming from Heavenly Father. It was really nice to see my Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Isabel. Uncle Jimmy is my dad's brother, but we don't get to see them very often. I get to see Kathy and Summer more often, and they live out of state. Uncle Red and Aunt Pat also came for the blessing. I was surprised, and very happy to see them because Uncle Red has been dealing with some pretty bad health problems. Afterward we went to Nate's house for lunch. They weather was really nice...we actually got back into the 60's today. It was a little bit chilly in the shade so we hung out in the sun. Boy is my face paying for it now! I look like a tomato! Unfortunately Jane got a little bit of sunburn too, even though she had on her little bonnet that Mom made for her. The dress, bonnet and slip that mom made are beautiful! I'll have to add a picture if I can get one from Debbie or Dad. The kids had a lot of fun exploring the wooded area around the house. We hung out for most of the afternoon, just talking. That probably seems boring to some people, but I just love to be with my family and hang out. After we left Nate's we went down to Mom's for dinner. Jared and his family showed up and then Mel and her family showed up so we hung out some more. Mom said she told Dad she wished that the kids would come and visit. Her wish came true pretty quick! She had only planned on having my family over, but we had a little loaves and fishes miracle. Everyone was fed and we had plenty of food. It seems that the more generous you are, the more there is to go around.

No comments: