Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Goose Girl


I just finished reading The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. It was an awesome book! I loved it! I bought it from Deseret Book when our RS went there for a book talk. I had wanted to read another of Shannon Hale's books ever since I read Austenland, which I loved too. (I know I already told you about it) I was going to read Princess Academy first, since my niece had recommended it, but our RS Pres. said I should start with Goose Girl. I had a hard time getting into it at first because it seemed so wordy and the names were hard to keep straight. Then the book seemed to take off and it was hard to stop. Only my very tired eyes and my duties would pull me away. The girls wanted to play at mom's this afternoon, so I devoured the rest of it. Such a fun book. It seems that I've been reading a lot of young adult fiction lately...I'm really enjoying it. I gotta go. I've got to get to library before they close tonight. There's a sequel to Goose Girl called Enna Burning.


Mel, you've got to check these out. I know that you loved Austenland as much as I did.
**Update - I checked the library website and all of Davis County didn't have Enna. I called Seagull and they didn't carry it, so I drove up to Deseret Book. I got the last copy...the corner was a little bent, but I really wanted to get it that night. Went to check out and decided to use my DB points. I guess I had accumulated more than I thought because it was enough to get my paperback for FREE! I love it when you can get free things! :)

No comments: