
OK, I know I have forgotten many things in my life. It is a terrible problem I have. I think someone comes and erases my memory while I was sleep at night. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Here's what happened....I got a new calling the first Sunday in May. I didn't get released until yesterday. Things were going pretty well...I enjoyed staying in Primary a little longer. I was told 2 or 3 times that they were going to replace me "Next week". Trust me, I didn't mind at all. It weaned me off gradually. Then, last week a member of the bishopric said they were sure it was going to happen the next Sunday and asked us (our Presidency) to speak. He gave me my topic and all was well. You know where this is going, don't you?
In my defense....I have had a very busy week. I was working for my friend and doing her aunts job too since she went to Disneyland. Then, I helped my mom with 3 gardens plus my own. I had 4 days in a row of Stake responsibilities. We had a ward conference, so we were supposed to meet with the ward leaders on Thursday. Friday we set up for the Mother/Daughter temple day. Saturday we held our M/D temple day. Sunday we were supposed to visit the ward for their ward conference...it was at the same time as our ward. It was great! Sacrament Meeting was really good, I sat and listened, blissfully unaware that our bishop was flashing signals to Brook and starting to really squirm in his seat. I went to 2 hours of Primary and then drove home. It only hit me when I saw our church and pulled into the driveway. OH THE SHOCK, HORROR, AND EMBARRASSMENT!!!!!!!!!!! I was tempted to run and hide in the house, but slunk over to the church to grovel. I was told it was ok. I was told that everything went fine. I was told not to worry about it. AGGGGHHHHHHH! They had one of my counselors that was released a few months ago bear her testimony. Then they had her replacement, which is my replacement now, bear her testimony. My secretary and other counselor spoke along with a musical number. It was all tied up with the bishopric member over Primary sharing a few thoughts. The meeting ended right on time.
If only I had been there, I could have winged it. Now I just have a couple of people that have me on their hit list. When the EQP called Brook after church and I answered, he said, "I really enjoyed your talk today!" I responded with, "Yeah, I spent a lot of time preparing it." Honestly, I didn't even THINK about it after I was asked on Sunday. I had a hard time falling asleep last night. I keep thinking, "Way to go out with a bang!" Why they ask me to fill callings like this, I'll never know. I guess the Lord knows I have a lot to learn. Please tell me something like this has happened to one of you!
2 comments:
that is funny but then again it isn't... see if it was me, if I had accepted then I would be sick and stressed the whole we... but i don't speak in church... i seriously get so freaked out... i can't even do a prayer in sacrament
You used to speak all the time back home. I remember when we'd email and it seemed you were always telling me you had to speak in church.
Post a Comment